COMMITTEES / PROCEDURES
DEVELOPMENT OF OFFICIALS PROGRAM
A Development of Officials Program has been established within the IAABO Board #193 pursuant to the authority of the President.
- The program is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Mentor officials so as to improve their on the court performance.
- Identify training needs so as to elevate official's ranking.
- Assist Executive Committee Members and Assignor identify skilled officials.
ETHICS COMMITTEE PROCEDURES
Ethics Committee procedures have been established within the IAABO Board #193 pursuant to the authority of the President.
The Ethics Committee shall consist of five (5) board members. A quorum of three (3) or more committee members shall be necessary to hear any complaints that are filed. The committee shall investigate, hear, and render findings on all complaints filed with the Board.
A grievance procedure has been established within the IAABO Board #193 pursuant to the authority of the President.
The grievance procedure is a process through which an IAABO Board #193 member can bring concerns to upper levels of board leadership. A grievance may be resolved informally in a discussion between the member and the designated Executive Committee Member. If the grievance cannot be dealt with by informal discussion, it should go to a more formal procedure and be assigned to the Grievance Committee for hearing.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM
An evaluation system has been established within the IAABO Board #193 pursuant to the authority of the President.
- The evaluation system is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Appraise and improve individual competence and performance in a given assigned game.
- Assist in identifying individuals capable of increased responsibility, as it relates game assignments.
- Determine desire or need for training.
- Allow for explicit documentation on member's performance.
- Provide a link to the member's ranking.
- A member's perception of performance can have a substantial impact upon self-confidence and future objectives. This performance evaluation is designed to provide a means for the evaluator to inform the member being evaluated of his/her performance and proficiency during a given game or period of time. It is crucial that this tool be utilized to objectively and accurately, without prejudice or bias, assess the performance of said member. The proper use of this system will result in constructive feedback between the evaluator (Evaluation Committee / Chairperson) and member, as it relates understanding said member's strengths and weaknesses. If a weaknesses or area for improvement is noted, this tool can assist a member in achieving desired overall performance goals and objectives.
- The performance evaluation system is designed to assist with distinguishing between different levels of performance. Therefore, aiding the Evaluation Committee to make recommendations to the Executive Committee on the member's ability to perform at a higher level (Sub-Varsity and Varsity). While every member should be motivated to succeed, this process is designed to facilitate high achievement by all members.
- Every evaluator assigned to evaluate a member's performance will be required to justify, document, and provide specific actions needed for improvement of said member, if necessary. Furthermore, the member being evaluated has the ability to document future goals and alert the Evaluation Committee of same.
CADET SELECTION PROCESS / FLOOR ASSESSMENT
A selection process is hereby memorialized within IAABO Board #193 by the authority of the President. Nothing in this operating procedure is to be construed to diminish in any way the President's current authority to make selections in this process.
- This procedure is designed to introduce and achieve uniformity and standardization in the process, whereby the selected review board will reach the following objectives.
- Identify individuals capable of assignment as officials within IAABO Board #193
- Determine potential for assignment within IAABO Board #193.
- Determine desire for assignment within IAABO Board #193.
- Provide a forum for interaction between "Selection Review Board" and candidate.
- Allow a formal explicit documentation on the overall process.